I typically gravitate toward muted cool tones and deep jewel hues, but I’ve found that as summer begins to wind down, I’m suddenly drawn to bright, saturated colors mixed in with black and white geometric prints. Whether it’s friendship bracelets stacked high on your wrist or a quirky pillow tossed irreverently onto a couch, there is just something about that crisp, cheery contrast that’s hard to resist!
1. DIY Harlequin Crocheted Cushion (Sarita Creative)
2. Wrap Bracelet (Felt Like Paper, $21)
3. Ian Archive Prism Tunic (Equipment, $258)
4. Geometric Art Print (Andy Gilmore)
5. DIY Cactus Pillow (Everything Emily)
I need to make that cactus pillow. How fun would it be to experiment with different shapes and subtly patterned fabric?
If you’re in the mood for late summer brights, too, check out DEARBORN & ELM’s Elastic Hair Ties on Etsy. We’ve got beautiful colors that are perfect for transitioning from steamy August afternoons to breezy September evenings. Our SANGRIA set is available for $7.25!